Ateitis CUP Spring 2022 started!
This year we are waiting for even more teams from all around Europe: from Sweden to Moldova, from Georgia to all Italy!
Ateitis CUP Autumn 2021
The whole world was shocked by the covid19 pandemic from last year. Last season we did not have the opportunity to continue our tournaments, but already this autumn we are sure that the tournament will take place and a large number of teams from all over Europe will take part in it.
About Ateitis CUP
- Ateitis CUP is one of the most prestigious youth football tournaments in Baltic sea countries, attended by more than 7000 young footballers from over 22 European and other world countries every year.
- Football school Ateitis started organizing tournaments in 2010, with teams from East Europe. From the year 2013, we have also begun cooperating with teams from Spain, Italy, UK, Germany, Sweden and many more.
- This event takes place in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania. It is open to clubs, schools and academies. The attending teams will have the opportunity to play with international opponents and experience the spirit of multiculturalism and fair play.
- By demonstrating a beautiful and fighting game children learn about the football culture of different countries, broaden their horizons and simply enjoy football together.
- The main Ateitis CUP goals are to strengthen the love for football, accustom children to high-quality and high-level football by playing with strong, elite rivals.
- The tournaments take place at Sportima arena, LFF and FANAI stadiums fitted with premium artificial grass.
- Ateitis CUP tournaments are approved by Lithuanian Football Federation ( LFF).
||U11 | DOB 2011|
||U12 | DOB 2010|
||U13 | DOB 2009|
||U14 | DOB 2008|
||U15 | DOB 2007
U16 | DOB 2006
||U10 | DOB 2012|
||U9 | DOB 2013|
||U8 | DOB 2014|
||U7 | DOB 2015
U6 | DOB 2016
||U12 | DOB 2010|
||U11 | DOB 2011|
||U10 | DOB 2012|
||U9 | DOB 2013
U8 | DOB 2014
||U13 | DOB 2009|
||U13 | DOB 2010|
||U14 | DOB 2009|
||U16 | DOB 2006/2007
U12 | DOB 2011
||U11 | DOB 2012
U15 | DOB 2008
||U10 | DOB 2013
U9 | DOB 2014
||U8 | DOB 2015
U7 | DOB 2016
U6 | DOB 2017
YOUNG Talents 2023
||U12 | DOB 2010|
||U11 | DOB 2011|
||U10 | DOB 2012
U9 | DOB 2013
||U8 | DOB 2014
U7 | DOB 2015
General format of tournaments 2022
Number of players
Duration of the game
|U17 (2005)||11 vs 11||2×25 min*||5||+||Standard field|
|U16 (2006)||11 vs 11||2×25 min*||5||+||Standard field|
|U15 (2007)||11 vs 11||2×25 min*||5||+||Standard field|
|U14 (2008)||11 vs 11||2×25 min*||5||+||Standard field|
|U13 (2009)||11 vs 11||2×25 min*||5||+||Standard field|
|U12 (2010)||9 vs 9||2×20 min*||4||+||1/2 of a standard field|
|U11 (2011)||9 vs 9||2×20 min*||4||–||1/2 of a standard field|
|U10 (2012)||9 vs 9||2×20 min*||4||–||1/2 of a standard field|
|U9 (2013)||7 vs 7
||2×15 min||4||–||1/4 of a standard field|
|U8 (2014)||7 vs 7||2×15 min||4||–||1/4 of a standard field|
|U7 (2015)||6 vs 6||2×15 min||3||–||1/4 of a standard field|
|U6 (2016)||6 vs 6||2×15 min||3||–||1/4 of a standard field|
* Duration of the match will depend on the number of teams registered. If each team has to play more than 5 games, the duration of each match can be shortened.
1. GENERAL RULES
The international youth football tournament „Ateitis CUP 2022“ shall follow the international laws of the game provided by FIFA.
2. IMPORTANT MATCH DETAILS
- Team list Each team must submit a list of players to the administration before its first match in the tournament. All players must be able to identify themselves and certify their age with a valid passport. All team shirts must be numbered and the numbers must correspond to the numbers of the team list. Numbers must be on the back of the shirt. Two players may not use the same number in any given match. If the referee decides that one team should change shirts due to similarity to the opposing team`s shirts, the team appearing last in the program must change or wear vests. Vests are guaranteed by the tournament organizer.
- Players participating in several teams During the youth football tournament Ateitis CUP it is not allowed for the players to play in more than one team. It is permitted to use a player from the same club in several teams but not in the same class. This player has to be on the participant list of all teams he will play for. The player also has to be present when identifying the age at each specific time for all teams the player plays for. If this rule is ignored, the player will be disqualified from the tournament and the game of the violating team will be cancelled. The result -/+ will be noted in the tournament chart and this means that the other team has won.
- Substitutions: The number of substitutions is not fixed. Just one substitution is allowed in 5 minutes before the end of the match during 11 vs 11 games. Exception: injury.
- Overaged players In age groups U17, U15, U14, U13, U12 team can ask permission from the organizer to use 1 over-aged player born after the 1st August of age groups a previous year. The organizer reserves a right to not allow over-aged players. U11, U10, U9, U8, U7, U6 over-aged players are not allowed in age groups.
- Before the game, All teams must be ready at the field no later than 10 minutes before kick-off. The team manager must make sure that his players are adequately insured. All players must wear shin guards. The teams are responsible for their supporters` conduct.
- Team size for boys in age groups 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 – 18 players.
- Team size for boys in age groups 2010, 2011 – 16 players.
- Team size for boys in age groups 2012, 2013, 2014 – 14 players.
- Team size for boys in age groups 2015, 2016 – 12 players
Referees are members of the Lithuanian Football Federation.
Ateitis CUP matches will be held in various stadiums in Vilnius. The matches of the tournament will be played on artificial turf.
- SPORTIMA indoor stadium (Ąžuolyno st. 5);
- FANAI stadium (Linkmenų st. 8);
- LFF stadium (Liepkalnio st. 13).
Note: Tournament organizers reserve the right to make changes to time schedules during the tournament!
5. RECOGNITION OF FAIR PLAY
For the recognition of fair play, it is recommended that players shake hands with the opposing players and referee right after the line-up (before the match starts) and after the final whistle.
6. TOURNAMENT SYSTEM / AWARDS
Ateitis CUP is divided into two phases: subgroup tournaments and playoffs. In the subgroup tournaments, there are teams divided into subgroups of four, five, six, or seven where all teams play against each other once. Three points are awarded for a win and one point for a draw. No points are awarded for a loss.
If some teams get equal scores in subgroups, the final ranking is decided according to:
- match between each other;
- overall goal difference;
- number of goals;
- count of yellow and red cards (valid only for 11 vs 11 formats);
- drawing lots.
The teams that have won first, second and third place will be awarded cups, medals and souvenirs. The best player of the tournament and top scorer will be awarded personal prizes.
Penalties During the playoff and final match, if the match ends with a draw after the end of match time, the teams have to start shooting penalties immediately. There will be no extra time during the tournament matches. The number of penalties in each age group:
- Boys in age groups 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 – 5 penalties;
- Boys in age groups 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 – 3 penalties.
- Red cards In the case of the red card the FIFA rules are followed. A player will not be disqualified for the next match, except for a flagrant foul or unsportsmanlike conduct.
Protest The decisions of the referee regarding facts related to play are final. No measures will be taken on protests on decisions made by referees. Protests may be handed in for the following cases:
- if some members of the opposing team cannot identify themselves with a passport, or identification card, or player license for the wish of the other team trainer. – PROTESTS BEFORE THE GAME!
- if the match had been interrupted NOT because of some unforeseen reason nor because of weather conditions.
The protest must be submitted in writing by a team representative (a person who has been designated on the registration form as team leader) no later than 30 minutes after the end of the protested match. A general protest against the whole opposing team is not acceptable. Protest against the yellow or red card or against the removal of the player from the field after the referee has shown two cards, is only allowed if a referee made a mistake against the corresponding player. A protest fee of 100 EUR will be paid at that time (by cash). This amount will be refunded if the protest is successful.
- Jury The possible disagreements and protests will be solved by a three-member jury. The jury includes the head referee and two head organizers of the tournament. The jury’s final decision cannot be appealed.
7. MEDICAL AID / INSURANCE / WARRANTY
The organizers of the „Ateitis CUP“ football tournament will not take any responsibility for injuries, which happen during the football tournament. Teams have an obligation to ensure that all trauma situations will be resolved. If possible, the football tournament organizers will assist with their medical skills.
Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field. Ateitis CUP does not carry any group insurance and is not responsible for protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property. Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Lithuanians’ must have personal medical insurance.
By participating in the Ateitis CUP football tournament, the team confirms being aware of all the rules of the tournament.
8. THE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
The photos and videos taken during the tournament will be used on the Website www.ateitiscup.lt, Facebook – Ateitis CUP, Instagram #ateitis cup, YouTube channel Ateitis CUP. If you disagree, please contact the organizers.
9. TEAM ENTRY FEE / ACCOMMODATION / TRANSPORTATION
The participation fee should be paid no later than six (6) weeks before the tournament starts. Team entry fees and payments for accommodation are not returnable in case of non-participation. When a team pays an entry fee it automatically accepts all tournament rules.
50% of the fee for accommodation should be paid not later than four (4) weeks before the tournament starts. 100% of the fee for accommodation should be paid not later than a week (1) before the tournament start. Accommodation of teams is possible only in hotels provided by organizers. All teams must pay tournament fees and stay in hotels provided by organizers.
If needed transfer, bus (50 seats) rental with driver is 250 EUR per day. Minibus (20 seats) – 200 EUR per day (day limit 100 km).
All payments should be done on this bank account:
Football School „Ateitis“,
Company code 125091368,
SWEDBANK, AB, SWIFTcode HABALT22, Bank code: 73000.
When making a payment, please indicate the team name and age group (for example – FM Ateitis U-12).
Ąžuolyno g. 5, Vilnius
Football arena under the roof with 3157 seats for fans. Every year more than 252 000 people come to this arena to watch national competitions of various sports and international sports events, tournaments.
Stadiono g. 2, Vilnius
Top class stadium, where Lithuanian national football team plays its home games. After reconstruction the stadium is evaluated as category 3 UEFA stadium. It is allowed to play international matches, UEFA Champions League qualification matches and UEFA Europa League qualification matches there.
Įsrūties g. 3, Vilnius
A new, high-quality football stadium in Vilnius. In the warm season it is used under the open sky, in the cold season – an inflatable dome. High quality artificial football grass, changing rooms and sanitary facilities for the convenience of the participants.